If you are planning to undergo lip fillers then you should know about the common side effects associated with it! Apart from swelling and bruising you are going to experience soft lumps which get dissolved on its own after a few days. But have you ever thought what to do in case it persists for long?
Well, this blog will answer your question by providing you suitable steps along. So, start reading to know them.
Advice for patients
Until you find the lumps are painful and sore there is nothing to worry about; so don’t panic. Lumps are common side effects of lip enhancement or dermal filling treatment which absorb naturally after a few days of the procedure. As it is a short-term issue it can be completely corrected with the help of trained and experienced aesthetic medical personnel.
What to do on the initial days of the treatment
Often lip augmentation accompanies with bruising and swelling due to the injection. However, it gets subsided naturally in a week. Still you can take the necessary steps to deal with these common side effects which are mentioned below:
- Stop touching the lumps as it can get worse
- Swelling can be reduced with the application of cold compression
Lumps are visible for over a week
Although rarely if it happens so then follow the below steps:
- Swelling mustn’t be there
- For noticing lumps, you should contact with the Provider
It is the right time to arrange an appointment with the cosmetic medical professional so that it can be addressed on time.
What you should expect at the follow-up appointment?
The clinicians or the Provider should be responsible for dealing with after-complications and after-care which happens post-lip enhancement. It will make you ensure that the safe hands are there to assist you!
- At first the lumps will examined thoroughly for checking their position and tenderness
- Soft lumps are common in this case which can be dealt with good firm massage for smoothing them completely. It is usually done by the Provider itself.
- Tender yet hard lumps are the indication that your body becomes allergic to the filling substance. If the reaction is mild then it can be accounted easily with the prescription steroids which can be offered by the Cosmetic Surgeon too. It will be available at the pharmacies out there as well and only makes you cost below £10.
For persistent lumps despite of taking steroids
On completing the dose of steroids, if you find the lumps persist then it is important to fix another emergency appointment with the aesthetic medical professional.
- The lumps which are emerged from dermal filler will be reviewed again for determining if massage is possible or whether the body continues to react against the procedure.
- Rarely severe reactions occur to the filler yet there is a pale chance of happening so. So the dissolving agent like hyalase is administered for the persisting steroids post intake of steroids. In case, it doesn’t get dissolved yet then patient is referred to the specialist.
Is dermal lip filler dissolvable?
Yes, there are certain steps to do so. But most of the time they are done by the Provider or your aesthetic medical expert.
Advice for clinicians
In case the qualified clinician is looking for a complete guide to proper management of lumps post-lip enhancement procedure then you can go through some relevant videos.
Reverse protocol for dermal filler
If you want to reverse the lip augmentation procedure then you should get in touch with your cosmetic surgeon to raise your concerns. On the basis of your present lip condition the procedure will be administered so that you can retain your original look again.
Hope, now you are well-versed with the steps to do for dealing with lumps post lip filling treatment. Always visit a reputed clinic like Lip Fillers London to get the enhancement procedure done. It is employed by highly experienced professionals specialised in cosmetic and aesthetic procedure to beautify your looks.