In recent years, the concept of shared living has gained popularity among young adults and students. It offers a more affordable and social living option compared to traditional housing. However, there is a unique type of shared living that has been gaining attention in Japan – NTR Share House.
What is NTR Share House?
NTR Share House, also known as “Netorare Share House”, is a type of shared accommodation that is based on the Japanese term “netorare”, which means “cuckold”. This term is often used in the context of romantic relationships, where one partner is unfaithful to the other.
In the context of shared living, NTR Share House refers to a living arrangement where a group of people share a house, but one person has a romantic relationship with another resident. This concept may seem unconventional, but it has become a popular trend in Japan.
How Does NTR Share House Work?
NTR Share House works like any other shared accommodation, where residents have their own private rooms and share common areas such as the kitchen, living room, and bathroom. However, the unique aspect of NTR Share House is that one resident is chosen to be the “main partner” and the others are considered “secondary partners”.
The main partner is responsible for paying a lower rent and is expected to have a romantic relationship with one of the secondary partners. This relationship is not exclusive, and the main partner is free to have relationships with other residents as well. The secondary partners pay a higher rent and are not expected to have a romantic relationship with the main partner, but they can if they choose to.
The Appeal of NTR Share House
NTR Share House offers a unique living experience that appeals to many young adults in Japan. Here are some reasons why this concept has gained popularity:
- Affordability: With the rising cost of living in Japan, shared accommodation is a more affordable option for young adults. NTR Share House offers even lower rent for the main partner, making it an attractive option for those on a tight budget.
- Social Aspect: Living in a shared house allows residents to socialize and make new friends. NTR Share House takes this a step further by encouraging romantic relationships between residents, creating a more intimate and social living environment.
- Flexibility: The non-exclusive nature of the relationships in NTR Share House allows for more flexibility and freedom. Residents are not tied down to one partner and can explore different relationships within the house.
- Novelty: The concept of NTR Share House is still relatively new and unconventional, making it appealing to those looking for a unique living experience.
The Controversy Surrounding NTR Share House
While NTR Share House has gained popularity in Japan, it has also sparked controversy and criticism. Some argue that it promotes infidelity and unhealthy relationships, while others see it as a form of exploitation.
Critics also point out that the main partner in NTR Share House may feel pressured to engage in romantic relationships with the other residents in order to pay a lower rent. This can lead to uncomfortable and potentially harmful situations.
On the other hand, supporters of NTR Share House argue that it is a consensual arrangement and that the main partner has the freedom to choose their romantic partners. They also argue that it promotes open communication and honesty within the house, as residents are aware of the non-exclusive nature of the relationships.
The Future of NTR Share House
Despite the controversy surrounding it, NTR Share House continues to gain popularity in Japan. It has even inspired similar concepts in other countries, such as “polyamorous share houses” in the United States.
As the concept evolves, some NTR Share Houses have started to offer more inclusive options, such as allowing same-sex relationships and offering equal rent for all residents. This shows that the concept is not set in stone and can adapt to changing societal norms and values.
Is NTR Share House Right for You?
NTR Share House may not be for everyone, but it offers a unique living experience that may appeal to some. If you are considering living in an NTR Share House, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Communication is key: Open and honest communication is crucial in NTR Share House. Make sure to discuss boundaries and expectations with your potential roommates before moving in.
- Be aware of the potential risks: As with any shared living arrangement, there are risks involved. Make sure to thoroughly research the house and its residents before making a decision.
- Consider your comfort level: NTR Share House may not be for everyone, and that’s okay. Consider your comfort level and whether this type of living arrangement aligns with your values and beliefs.
NTR Share House is a unique concept that has gained popularity in Japan. While it has sparked controversy and criticism, it also offers a more affordable and social living option for young adults. As the concept evolves, it will be interesting to see how it adapts to changing societal norms and values. Whether it’s right for you or not, NTR Share House is definitely a concept worth exploring.