This abiraterone cost guide is based on using the Drugs.com discount card which is accepted at most U.S. pharmacies. The cost for abiraterone oral tablet 250 mg is around $346 for a supply of 30, depending on the pharmacy you visit. Prices are for cash paying customers only and are not valid with insurance plans.
Generic Abiraterone Brands in Indian Company:
When there is a range of pricing, consumers should normally expect to pay the lower price. However, due to stock shortages and other unknown variables we cannot provide any guarantee.
Abiraterone Coupons and Rebates
Abiraterone offers may be in the form of a printable coupon, rebate, savings card, trial offer, or free samples. Some offers may be printed right from a website, others require registration, completing a questionnaire, or obtaining a sample from the doctor’s office.
Patient Assistance Programs for Abiraterone
Patient assistance programs (PAPs) are usually sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medicines to low income or uninsured and under-insured people who meet specific guidelines. Eligibility requirements vary for each program.
- Peculiar advantages of (Abiraterone acetate):
- It keeps prostate cancer under control
- Increases duration of life-span
- Delays or rectifies common symptoms such as pain and tiredness
Abiraterone acetate is used in combination with prednisone (a drug used to suppress the immune system for reducing inflammation). When used together, abiraterone acetate impart advantages such as,
- Reduction of hypertension as a side-effect
- Lowering the production of antigen that stimulates prostate cancer
- Induction of hunger for a stable diet
- Administration of (Abiraterone acetate):
Abiraterone acetate is given orally in 1000 mg concentrations i.e. 4 tablets of 250 mg once a day. Along with abiraterone, prednisone 5 mg is also given twice daily. Once administered, abiraterone acetate gets readily-absorbed (bioavailable) within 2 hours throughout the body. Once abiraterone acetate completes its action, approximately 55% of the drug is expelled from the body in between 5-14 hours. Abiraterone acetate is recommended on an empty stomach. Consumption of food should be completely avoided for at least 2 hours prior and 1 hour after the dose. Avoid crushing or swallowing tablets without water. It is equally important to avoid grapefruit juice as it triggers unwanted side-effects.
- When should (Zytiga) be avoided or used cautiously?
- If patients were previously suffering from heart diseases or failure
- If patients have hypertension or arrhythmia, carry out blood tests monthly
- In patients have stress, steroid hormones used for retention of water and production of potassium are not produced (adrenocortical insufficiency), in that case, corticosteroid drugs (prednisone) are recommended
- If patients have complications of the liver causing an increase in the production of unwanted liver proteins (hepatoxicity)
Most common side-effects of (abiraterone acetate):
- Unwanted swelling (edema)
- Discomfort in joints and muscles
- Problems in the stomach like diarrhea, indigestion and vomiting
- Shortness of breath (dyspnea) or infection in the upper respiratory tract
- Feeling uncomfortably hot (Hot flush)
- Urinary tract infection
- Laboratory side-effects of (abiraterone acetate):
- Low levels of potassium (hypokalemia) and phosphate (hypophosphatemia)
- Weakness caused due to lack of hemoglobin in the blood (anemia)
- High levels of fat molecules (triglycerides) (hypertriglyceridemia), cholesterol (hypercholesterolemia), and sugars (hyperglycemia)
- Augmented levels of proteins/enzymes like aspartate aminotransferase (AST), alanine aminotransferase (ALT), and alkaline phosphatase