Mexico, a favorite vacation destination, is now becoming increasingly popular with tourists all over the world. People who have been patiently waiting for an opportunity to fly to this land of priceless tourist spots can now make their dreams come true. Mexico’s FFM system for foreign travelers made an even greater plea to visit the country.
A tourist card, also known as FMM (Forma Migratoria Múltiple), is an electronic entry permit for tourism or recreation. The card is issued to tourists irrespective of their nationality or commuting mode like land or by air. Visitor cards may be legitimate for up to 180 days and enable the holder to stay in Mexico as a traveler for the time allotted.
Be sure to hang on to your tourist card and keep it in a secure place because you will need to hand it in when you leave the country.
Is Mexico Tourist Card and Mexico Visa Same?
Whether a foreign citizen requires a visa or an entry permit to travel to the country is determined by the Mexico visa policy. Depending on the applicant’s nationality, the duration of the anticipated stay, and the journey’s intent, Mexico provides various types of visas and travel documents.
The Mexico Tourist Card is not the same as a visa to Mexico. Although some international travelers are excluded from a visa, they still require an FMM.
Mexican visas are papers issued by the National Institute of Migration, under the Interior Secretariat’s authority. A visa must be obtained by a foreign national wishing to enter Mexico. Unless he/she is a resident of one of the 67 eligible visa-exempt countries or one of the three eligible countries of the Electronic Authorization System for a prolonged stay, including commercial or study purposes.
While the Mexico Tourist Card can only be used to visit Mexico for tourism and leisure purposes, it does not give the holder the freedom to work in the country or to look for jobs.
Mexico Card Types
- A valid and current passport or card password shall be held by the FMM applicant under international law provisions.
- If required by the country of citizenship, the passport must have a valid non-expired visa.
- The FMM is valid for a maximum of 180 days and is legitimate for one entry only.
- The applicant agrees that, through the information provided, the residence condition that he/she obtains is only as a visitor without a work permit.
Tourist Card- Air
- The applicant for entry by air of an electronically obtained FMME must have a valid and unexpired passport following international law provisions.
- It has a maximum validity of 180 calendar days for entry by air. It may only be used for a single entry.
- The permit obtained by entering the information shall be that of a visitor without a license to carry out profitable activities.
Documents Required to Apply
The mechanism is entirely online, and your effort is minimal. First, you need to make sure that all you need is in your hands.
1) Valid Passport– Without a passport, a Mexico Tourist card application process cannot occur. Besides, the document must remain valid for a minimum of 6 more months from the arrival date in Mexico. Before you apply, check its expiry date.
2) Air Ticket – This requirement is valid only if you are traveling by air. You can disregard this condition if you choose to travel by land.
3) Method of Payment: The application process for the Mexico tourist card is entirely online, which means that it makes sense to make the payment online as well. The paperwork will take a few days, after which you will receive the Tourist Card on your email ID.
4) Email Address: Natvisa.com will send you a tourist card in PDF format via email. Before departure, do not forget to print at least one physical copy.
We would like to be honest with you and tell you that the Mexico Tourist Card is free if you fill out your form on the plane. We offer a service, and in the application process, you will be charged for our involvement. The price you need to pay depends on what sort of visa you need and how quickly you want it.
How to Apply for a Mexico Visa?
It has been effortless to apply and obtain a Tourist Card because of the electronic system’s introduction. It is made up of 3 simple steps:
1) Fill out the Application Form: The first step for your Tourist Card is to fill out the application form at natvisa.com. The need to waste time waiting in queues is eliminated by this online process. Make sure the details you provided are correct.
2) Required documents: Next, as the passport number, you need to have your passport handy, and details will be required on the application form.
3) Make Payment: You need to pay the fee for the last step. This can be done with a valid and functioning credit or debit card. The paperwork will take a few days after you receive your email ID with the Tourist Card.
24*7 Natvisa Support and Services
- Easy Application Online – At Natvisa, it is ensured that you have a hassle-free processing experience for visa applications. You can quickly submit your application now using our user-friendly website by following only a few easy steps.
- Safe and Trustworthy Website – At Natvisa, the security of information from customers is essential. And that’s why, using advanced memory management technology, your account and user data are stored in the top-spec data centers.
- Rapid Processing – Each request, which goes through Natvisa, is thoroughly reviewed by our experts. Before conveying your application form to the processing government, our team guarantees that all the requirements are met.
- Best Support Customer – The entire process of processing your application for a visa can be exhausting. This is why all your inquiries and requests can be answered 24/7 by the friendly customer service team.
Our experts take complete efficiency for advising your visa application without any issues to make your visa processing process a breeze.