After a lot of blood, sweat, and tears getting your name out there, you’re now a successful real estate agent who’s built meaningful and lasting client relationships. You’re able to handle the workload for now, but you’re a forward thinker who knows eventually it will be too much to handle by yourself. It will make sense to have a team behind you so you can delegate tasks appropriately. With an established career, now is the perfect time to start assembling a real estate team.
There’s only one problem: you’re not sure how do real estate teams work. How do you convince people to join your team? What types of expertise do you need and how will everyone fit together? Read on to discover the way to build the perfect real estate team that will guarantee success.
Make Them Want to Work With You
Job interviews are two way streets. When you’re looking to bring people on board, you want to make them want to work with you. Help them see how they could benefit from joining your team by having a great value proposition. You want to stress benefits like:
- In a team environment, you have a support structure to help you grow your career instead of going solo.
- Other agents can encourage you and hold you accountable so you’re more likely to achieve your goals, instead of prematurely giving up.
- With administrative tasks farmed out to admin assistants on board, you can focus on the heart of real estate—the client experience from start to finish.
- Your collective success will be greater than individual success.
You should also have a marketing plan that includes the following:
- Social media promotion
- Harnessing reviews—be sure to respond to them whenever possible
- Postcard campaigns
- Establishing a lead pool pipeline
- Leveraging advertising
- Investing search optimization and organic traffic
Structure is Key to Holding Everything Together
Successful businesses are structured in particular ways to maximize everyone’s strengths. A good structure is key to how real estate teams work. Make sure you have the following things in place:
- Systems that generate leads
- Marketing tools
- MLS listing tools to add into your website
- Software to manage things like upcoming open houses and property valuation
- An easy to use collaboration platform
- Referral system, marketing systems, and advertising systems
- A way to manage transactions, escrow, and buyers
Providing the right support staff makes everyone happy. It helps to bring on board an administrative assistant, transaction coordinator, inside sales agent, and a marketing manager. This way you have their expertise to make everything go smoothly.
Shared Success is How Real Estate Teams Work
With the right team of professionals behind you, you’re well on your way to achieving success beyond your wildest dreams. Remember to have your marketing plans in place, compose a value proposition that no one can refuse, and develop a structure in which everyone wins. You can’t go wrong with a winning team that works together for collective prosperity.