Dandruff is mainly caused due to fungal infection which creates a mild condition of irritation, itching in the scalp. But if ignored, it gets difficult to handle because it causes a lot of discomforts. Treatment of dandruff should be done soon either using the best anti-dandruff shampoo for coloured hair or it can even be treated using some home remedies. Here we will discuss some home remedies to cure dandruff:
- Aloe Vera– Aloe Vera plant is mostly used to treat conditions like cold sores & burns. It is also helpful in treating dandruff as it soothes the inflammation and irritation in the scalp which is caused by dandruff. Aloe Vera contains anti-fungal & anti-bacterial properties which makes it hydrating and soothing. Fresh Aloe Vera gel can be directly applied to your scalp for 25 minutes and later washed with water.
- Neem– Neem also contains anti-bacterial & anti-fungal properties which help treat dandruff as it prevents the fungus to spread further. This could be used as a paste and apply on the scalp like a hair mask. As it is easily available, it is a good way of treatment of dandruff at home.
- Lemon– Lemon reduces the oiliness or greasiness of the hair due to its acidic character. It contains Vitamin C which is necessary for a healthy scalp and hairs. Lemon helps to balance the pH level of the scalp which reduces dandruff. Squeeze the juice of one lemon and massage it on your scalp. Wait for few minutes and rinse off using water.
- Fenugreek Seeds– Fenugreek seeds also called Methi seeds are considered to be a good dandruff remedy. They are protein-rich which helps in growing long & thick hair faster and also promote a healthy scalp. They also contain anti-fungal properties that fight against dandruff. Soak fenugreek seeds for a night and make a paste of it. Apply it on the scalp and hairs, leave it for 15 minutes or more and wash with shampoo and water.
- Healthy Diet– A healthy diet is the most effective remedy to cure dandruff. Eating healthy can work wonders for a healthy scalp as it gets all the nutrients and hydration needed for dandruff free, long, thick and beautiful hairs.
- Baking Soda– Baking soda is a very easily available household ingredient that proves to be effective in treating dandruff. It acts like a light exfoliant that will remove dead skin cells and itchiness. Apply baking soda directly on damp hairs and massage on the scalp for a while. Let it remain for few minutes and then clean with shampoo and water.
- Yoghurt– Yogurt, a commonly used dairy product is made by the bacterial fermentation of milk. It contains friendly bacteria which helps to prevent flaking on the scalp and also provides relief in itching. Take a bowl of fresh yoghurt and apply it to the scalp. Let it rest for 15-18 minutes and rinse off with water and shampoo. Regularly applying it will help in the reduction of dandruff.
You can use these home remedies on regular basis as the solution to treat dandruff or else can use colour safe dandruff shampoo if the condition worsens.